Search Engine Optimization is constantly evolving, so there is a lot of out-dated information circulating on the internet. To help you sort out the good from the bad, have put together a list of SEO resources from around the web. This list represents the best of the best.
- How Search Works by Google – Google explains how their search engine works in layman’s terms.
- Search Engine Starters Guide by Google – Google’s official SEO guide.
- Beginners Guide to SEO by SEOmoz.org – A very detailed SEO Beginners Guide by one of the biggest authorities on search engine optimization.
- SEO Basics by Yahoo – Yahoo provides some basic tips for SEO.
- Matt Cutts – Matt Cutts has been on the Google Engineer team since 2000 and serves as the voice of Google to the search engine marketing industry.
- SEOmoz – SEOmoz is one of the largest authorities on the subject. Their blog is targeted towards an intermediate search marketer.
- Search Engine Land – Search Engine Land is a news and information site covering search engine marketing, searching issues and the search engine industry.The site is led by journalist Danny Sullivan, who has been covering search for the past 11 years.
- Google Webmaster Help Channel – This is the official YouTube channel for Google Webmaster Central, your one-stop shop for webmaster resources that will help you with your crawling and indexing questions, introduce you to offerings that can enhance and increase traffic to your site, and connect you with your visitors
- SEOmoz Whiteboard Friday – Whiteboard Friday is a video series by SEOmoz that provides video insight into many aspects of search engine marketing.
- The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization – In this book, four of the most noted experts in the field of search engine optimization (SEO) provide you with proven guidelines and cutting-edge techniques for planning and executing a comprehensive SEO strategy.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets – This guide demonstrates how real SEO consultants work with Fortune 500 companies to get the results they desire.