There are many SEO tools out there but we thought we’d save you some time by providing you a list of our favorites. These are the tools we would personally use and cover the most necessary data.
- SEOzio is a tool developed by Eyeflow Internet Marketing to quickly review some of the most important SEO factors of a website then give you an idea of how that website stands from an SEO perspective.
- SEMRush.com – This tool can show you the competitive keywords a website ranks for and estimate the traffic and value of those keywords for a given website. This tool can be used to measure the success of an SEO campaign as well as analyze a competitors performance.
- Compete.com – Compete is the leading provider of estimated website traffic to a given website. This tool can be essential to estimating a competitors website traffic levels.
- WooRank – This tool is great for quickly analyzing the on-page optimization of a website. Though we feel this tool is more for on-page feedback since it’s backlink data isn’t entirely accurate. We recommend using SEOzio if you want a better picture of a website’s off-page optimization.
- Google Keyword Tool – Use the Keyword Tool to find keyword ideas, estimate traffic for existing and new keywords, and identify irrelevant terms to use as negative keywords.
- Google Insights – With Google Insights for Search, you can compare search volume patterns across specific regions, categories, time frames and properties.
- SEOmoz Term Extractor – This tool analyzes the content of a given page and extracts the terms that appear to be targeted at search engines. It applies certain weights to HTML elements and other on-page factors to determine what it thinks is a targeted term.
Link Building Research
- Majestic SEO – Majestic SEO surveys and maps the Internet and has created the largest commercial Link Intelligence database in the world.
- Open Site Explorer – This tool attempts to crawl the web the same way a search engine does. Open Site Explorer is one of the most intelligent backlink analysis tools available.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google. To get started, simply add and verify your site and you’ll start to see information right away.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Drive more visitors to your site using Bing data on search queries, crawling and search traffic.
- SERPutation - Are you curious about a business’s online reputation? Enter a business name to find any potentially negative user insights that could be showing up in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). SERPutation.com is the most comprehensive complaint search engine, searching over a dozen popular scam, complaint and consumer review websites.
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth – Do all the links on your website work correctly? Use this tool to scan your entire site for broken links or try this w3c web based alternative (only for individual pages).
- onlinelinkscan.com - Has your website been flagged as unsafe or infected? It’s typically hard to detect these types of issues. Use onlinelinkscan.com to check a URL for viruses, malware, spyware, and trojans.
- blamestella.com – Check the load-time, HTML headers or simply find out who the registrant of a domain is. If you need to know what company is hosting a website try whoishostingthis.com.