- Facebook’s search results offer embedded videos or photos. You don’t have to always leave the results page.
- Facebook searches through richer content. Videos, photos, notes, etc.
- Facebook has a larger user base. That’s more results.
- Facebook has more horsepower than twitter. No or less downtimes.
- People will use real-time search anyway to search their own stream, and in that way the public search will easily get a lot of attention.
- The keyword density in 140 characters makes results more relevant.
- The twitter audience is “trained” around real-time content.
- Facebook’s privacy controls (post to everyone, friends only, network only, etc.) will cause users to get frustrated.
- Facebook gets evil sometimes. Remember?http://mashable.com/2009/02/16/facebook-tos-privacy/
- You can search twitter from many different places (apps, clients), but you can search Facebook only from its own page (so far).
- The original is always better.